From Stadtwiki Baden-Baden
The Kaiserallee (Imperial Avenue) in Baden-Baden (until 1881 Promenad Straße) runs anlong the Oos river starting at the Hotel Badischer Hof located at the Hindenburgplatz to the Reinhard-Fießer-Bridge near the Kurhaus. The Kaiserallee has a length of round about 500 m.
Starting at the Hindenburgplatz the Kaiserallee runs along the Oos river in southern direction. The Hotel Badischer Hof, a former Capuchin monastery that was transformed to the first luxury hotel of the city in 1807, marks the beginning of the avenue. The Kapuzinerstraße (Capuchin street) near the hotel is evocative of the former monastery. In the hotel's garden a very popular thermal fountaine is located. It's name Dreischalenbrunnen means three basin fountain. In the west of the Kaiserallee the landscape park Michaelsberg is located. The next building in the avenue is the Trinkhalle. In front of the Trinkhalle there is a bust of Kaiser Wilhelm. South of the Trinkhalle the Kurgarten begins. The famous Kurhaus of Friedrich Weinbrenner is located here. On the opposite side there is the Hotel Europäischer Hof. The Kaiserallee terminates at the Reinhard-Fießer-Brücke next to the Kurhauskolonnaden. Only some steps away in southern direction the Lichtentaler Allee begins and which is therefore an extension of the Kaiser Allee.
The park in the area of the Kaiserallee was created by Hartweg as an English Landscape park in the years 1810 and 1811. Under the supervision of Friedrich Weinbrenner the gardener Klee modified the park. A plan of the prominent landscape architect Ludwig von Sckell wasn't realized. Instead the plan of Johann Michael Zeyher, the garden director of Schwetzingen, was carried out in 1818. This plan defined today's course of the Kaiserallee. In 1825 a flood destroyed the park and a renewal became necessary. After that the Oos river was rectified.
- Bernd Weigel Parkführer Baden-Baden. Die Gärten und Kuranlagen im Oostal. 2. Auflage, Wesel-Kommunikation, Baden-Baden 2003, ISBN 3-00-010770-3.